Booklet printing is one of the best ways to save money as it is more affordable than buying a book. We can see that students prefer booklet printing then buying a book, we get all the notes available online it is not possible to read them on screen and so people prefer printing it, which is cost-effective. However, it is important to choose the right paper for printing because every paper has its price. Booklet printing in Spartanburg, SC is the best suited for projects and even it is the best decision in case you are worried about money.
How to choose one
- Stick with the standard size and save your book in that size, this will save your money and even will be a good production process because this will produce less waste. You should be aware of the standard size of the paper. After you have chosen the paper choose the print size of the booklet as a landscape portrait or square.
- The portrait orientation refers to a book with a width dimension smaller than height, this format has a vertical shape and is one of the most common choices for printing book projects. It is also known as a long edge bind, offers the best value, and is the most economical choice for booklet projects.
- Landscape orientation refers to a book has a width dimension larger than height. This format has a horizontal shape and is not a very common style; also known as shortage bind. One should keep in mind that when you are choosing landscape, it will increase the cost of the print.
- Square orientation refers to a book that has width and height dimensions equal. This booklet is the most costly print among the three.
- Choose the right paper – it is important to choose the right paper for printing, you will get to see a variety of paper, such as thick or thin, glossy or matte, and more. If you don’t want to cost higher, then you must choose the right paper.
You will get two types of booklet covers such as
- Self-cover or soft cover has the same weight as its paper. This is done on gloss or matte paper and looks much more professional in texture.
- Plus cover or cardstock is thicker than the pages inside and this is something that is used by students for their dissertations or some important project that gives the product a formal feel.
Types of paper
- Gloss paper is a shiny and lustrous smooth-coated gloss finish that gives an excellent finish to the project and even conveys professionalism used for catalogs and magazines.
- The matte paper enhances the contrast of photographs and gives a smoother look to the paper. This is clear, free, and easy to read and used for art books, lookbooks, photo books, and other projects that require a subtler shine.
- Uncoated paper is applied with no coating and is the highest grade of paper, delivers perfectly printed pieces, and gives sharp images used for journals, coloring books, manuals, workbooks, and various other texts.
Apart from these, you should also look for the price difference that happens while printing, it is up to you what type of printing you want, like spiral binding or stitched binding. Booklet printing is available everywhere, and almost every price is similar when you are going for booklet binding. You should be aware of the above points so that you can be clear about what type of binding or printing you want.